SubjectRe: _My_ turn for a 2.1 wishlist
On Sat, 27 Jul 1996, Robert de Bath wrote:

> What I've done before (on userland projects) is to seperate the
> 'autoconfig.h' style depends from the ordinary depends, taking
> care that the normal depend does _not_ notice changes in the
> 'autoconfig' file.
>
> The "make config_part2" is quite similar to "make depend" but looks for
> "#if..."s in C and header files it then filches off the normal make
> depend to work out which objects depend on which config options and put
> this info into a single file.
>
> The first thing the compile then did was to compare the old and new
> config lists then simply, using the 'dependancy' file, delete all
> objects that depend on options that have changed.

Sounds cool. Would you do that for linux also?

Best Regards,

Bernhard Kaindl

| Bernhard Kaindl, author of the prototype for linux xconfig and menu- |
| config, kmenu, which showed how to write a menu based kernel config |
| which generates menus from the standard linux kernel config scripts. |
| Email: bartelt@computerhaus.at, lupus@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at |

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.051 / U:0.616 seconds]