From: (George Bonser)
Subject: Re: This is really Ridiculous (fwd)
Sender: (news)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 18:12:21 GMT

In article <>,
Paul Matthews <> writes:
> What a great idea! I am really getting frustrated by the continued
> problems. I don't mind working with pre-release software as long as I
> know that's what it is; I would really be grateful to the Linux Kernel
> guys if the new releases were tested a bit first.

I know that it is frustrating but I was under the impression that
until Linus splits off the 2.1.X development tree, this is not a
"release" release. It is still a development kernel albeit a more
stable one with less new stuff than the regular development kernels.

George Bonser --
In case of fire, log off promptly. --Tony Langdon