SubjectRe: Nasty comments
msmith@quix.robins.af.mil (Mr. Jolt Cola)  wrote on 25.07.96 in <9607251451.AA00817@quix.robins.af.mil>:

> > Now *that* I would associate with a lack of pride in what you have done -
> > you obviously think it's not good enough.
>
> Bull. It is what I would associate wht a bit of pride and respect for
> others in what he has done.

Well, _he_ was talking about "pride in what you have done". And as far as
that, I still think he got his polarities switched.

> Practice what you guys preach, don't hack
> the guy for being "decent" if you don't want to be hacked for being
> "profane".

Maybe you should reread what I was answering. If you want to attack
someone, you're attacking the wrong guy.

> > > As the Linux product becomes more professional it becomes more
> > > and more tempting to use sections of it as examples for class discussion
> > > and I would rather have the discussion on what the code does than
> > > what the comments contain. All in all, if I see code with profanity
> > > in it, it colors my view of its value and certainly makes me question
> > > its use, especially for discussion.
> >
> > That simply demonstrates your prejudices.
>
> No, it demonstrates that he is probably a professor and doesn't want
> to be called in by the dean when someone complains.

Well, maybe that's the style the US universities work - I wouldn't know.
However, I have a hard time believing that this might be a problem around
here. Not since about 1968, that is.

Which is as should be.

> Or they illustrate that some coders are prima-donnas who are wrapped
> up in writing code for the whole world to see. Myself, if I've

This is so utter nonsense that I won't even try to answer it. You seem to
have a very weird outlook.

MfG Kai

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.135 / U:0.340 seconds]