    SubjectRe: Nasty comments
    msmith@quix.robins.af.mil (Mr. Jolt Cola)  wrote on 25.07.96 in <9607251451.AA00817@quix.robins.af.mil>:

    > > Now *that* I would associate with a lack of pride in what you have done -
    > > you obviously think it's not good enough.
    >
    > Bull. It is what I would associate wht a bit of pride and respect for
    > others in what he has done.

    Well, _he_ was talking about "pride in what you have done". And as far as
    that, I still think he got his polarities switched.

    > Practice what you guys preach, don't hack
    > the guy for being "decent" if you don't want to be hacked for being
    > "profane".

    Maybe you should reread what I was answering. If you want to attack
    someone, you're attacking the wrong guy.

    > > > As the Linux product becomes more professional it becomes more
    > > > and more tempting to use sections of it as examples for class discussion
    > > > and I would rather have the discussion on what the code does than
    > > > what the comments contain. All in all, if I see code with profanity
    > > > in it, it colors my view of its value and certainly makes me question
    > > > its use, especially for discussion.
    > >
    > > That simply demonstrates your prejudices.
    >
    > No, it demonstrates that he is probably a professor and doesn't want
    > to be called in by the dean when someone complains.

    Well, maybe that's the style the US universities work - I wouldn't know.
    However, I have a hard time believing that this might be a problem around
    here. Not since about 1968, that is.

    Which is as should be.

    > Or they illustrate that some coders are prima-donnas who are wrapped
    > up in writing code for the whole world to see. Myself, if I've

    This is so utter nonsense that I won't even try to answer it. You seem to
    have a very weird outlook.

    MfG Kai

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.020 / U:60.700 seconds]