SubjectRe: Nasty comments
In my opinion curse words make the person using them sound
stupid, (and by association Linux as well). However, I'm not
really concerned either way as to their staying in or out.
Anyone who reads kernel code is mature enough to judge that.

I just would like to point out that cleaning up curse words was
not started by the political correctness morons. There are
people who have lost careers, businesses, been prosecuted in
court, and been thrown out of Universities because of political
correctness. Political correctness is filthy rotten politics,
used for power, control... (we probably all agree on that).

However, the "cleanness" of language and compassion for others
and so on are NOT the goal of political correctness, they are
things the politically correct try to rub against to improve
their image, like a politician kissing a baby... It's not the
baby's fault, he's being used. Don't be distracted.

__kmb203@psu.edu_______________Debian/GNU__1.1___Linux__2.0.5___
"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas
are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats."
-- Howard Aiken

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.154 / U:0.252 seconds]