This message generated a parse failure. Raw output follows here. Please use 'back' to navigate. From devnull@lkml.org Sun Apr 28 05:58:47 2024 Received: from orchard.washtenaw.cc.mi.us (orchard.washtenaw.cc.mi.us [198.111.176.4]) by herbie.ucs.indiana.edu (8.7.5/8.6.12) with SMTP id AAA24207 for ; Wed, 24 Jul 1996 00:30:35 -0500 (EST) Received: from vger.rutgers.edu by orchard.washtenaw.cc.mi.us (8.6.10/2.3) with ESMTP id BAA00954; Wed, 24 Jul 1996 01:35:37 -0400 Received: by vger.rutgers.edu id <108981-29653>; Wed, 24 Jul 1996 01:14:52 -0500 From: jeezfrk@spieg.interealm.com (Christopher Hassell) Message-Id: <199607231628.KAA25976@interealm.com> Subject: politically correct To: marlboro@execpc.com (Brett Hoffman) Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 10:28:28 -0600 (MDT) Cc: eric@minouche.demon.co.uk, torvalds@cs.helsinki.fi, linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu In-Reply-To: from "Brett Hoffman" at Jul 22, 96 01:35:13 am X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL23] Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Sender: owner-linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu Precedence: bulk One *MAIN* correction: Political correctness, not birthed in Boulder CO, USA, but heavily supported, has *NOTHING* to do with pedantic attitudes about culture. You'll find your "encultured" anti-white-male folks and you'll find your "punkish" anti-white-male folks. Most simply agree that race-names or anything that minorly besmirches wymynhood are intolerable, and punishable. Their theory gets draconian, yes. The Punk branch loves to cuss when they are angry, and my friends consider this important at times. Profanity has nothing to do with most political correctness. Some don't mind hard pornography, for example, (though others say it "denigrates wymyn") ... so the Puritannia is not widespread, except for the Religion of the Great Pure Victimology (P.C. is a rather heavy-duty religion). I've got major problems with political correctness, but I know that ANYTHING that EVER limits ANYTHING I think of doing is not the P.C. Big Brother. Sometimes I have to even act like an adult without wanting to just then. --- The following has parody in it. --- Lo and indeed Brett Hoffman sayeth in the text... # On Sun, 21 Jul 1996, Eric S. Mountain wrote: # > Hear, hear. Political correctness is for people who cannot face up to # > reality, who cannot describe things as they are. Yah! They fucking shit in your face with a big dick sitting up someone else's ass! (Or is that not anything like the "way things are?" Hmmmm??) # > These are mentally # > weak people and the terms they use make me sick. They need to learn # > to live and respect others. Mentally weak people need to fucking show their suckholes how they fucking live with their head up their ass, cuz they suck their faces just like their puny dicks! (Did this sentence take mental effort? Did it respect others? Hmmmm?) Did either lovely sentence say anything, as one of the programmers noticed? # Damn your right. Damn! You can't spell or punctuate! # nuff said.. :) Ahh... aren't we refreshed, taught, englightened?? Nuff said indeed. There just isn't anything Great and Amazing about protest-language and fighting words that are aimed at professionals within our works of art, our code. America, a Country after my own heart, has grown to believe anything Shocking is somehow Real whereas anything that is polite, restrained, disciplined or thoughtful is "Fake" and "Suppressed". Going overseas shows quickly how appreciated this is in, say, polite portions of England or Germany. Deal with it.. if you're numb, dumb and uncreative it doesn't mean you can think (unintuitive, I know). In some places.... folks who can be shocked are considered *more* sensitive, *AND* in fact more thoughtful and discerning. The folks (those fucking cussers!) who just curse and curse other cultures who they don't approve of (asswipes!) need to stop worshipping four or five words and deal with the rest of the world, the real ENGINEERING and BUSINESS world. Can you speak the language of anyone but those in your own narrow world? Must you expect everyone else to? Or don't you folks deal with *real* business and money-making? Working in restaurants or in State U. won't get you far. Broaden your mind. I've been hacking for a good while and giving someone verbal or bantering shit is just for hobbies or in discussion groups. It's something you keep out of your reviewed code, to be nice or not. Suppress yourself a tad. It takes some brains to be repulsed instead of attracted to the cheapest shit anyone thinks to say. -- sincerely