    SubjectRe: Not a bible thumper. . . (Christopher Hassell)  wrote on 18.07.96 in <>:

    > I don't know about you, but being able to shock the very SMALL (i.e. not
    > big) number of people who are completely shocked by the four Great Words is
    > not a skill at all... but the random semblance of it. Any desire to shock

    Personally, that group doesn't interest me. I don't recognize their right
    to dictate vocabulary.

    So consequently, when I use swearwords, they are obviously NOT meant to
    shock anybody. They are meant to relieve some tension, or sometimes for
    emphasis. This actually seems to work most of the time.

    > and shock and shock instead of say something is not politically correct, but
    > is a plethora of oversupplied un-creativity.

    By the way, "politically correct" is an obscene concept in *my* eyes, and
    somehow I get the feeling I'm not alone in this.

    > Push the envelope. Use a wider realm of ideas and tastes. More folks will
    > listen to us than the folks who love those four words. (Most don't type.)

    Huh?! If that's meant as "don't use those words", it's inconsistent with

    MfG Kai

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.018 / U:87.240 seconds]