    SubjectRe: Misc Fixes
    Date
    > > Yes. Allowing module loads has to be blocked by securelevel
    > This would make the use of kerneld impossible. I suggest to

    Kerneld is not usable in a secure environment as is..

    > - Mark the modules immuteable using the immutable file attribute.

    I can mark files immutable after the secure level is set. This therefore
    doesnt work.

    > - A mechanism that allows to limit loading of modules to certain programs:
    > In case of kerneld require that it's inode is also immuteable and
    > owned by root or kerneld must have been started before the securelevel
    > was raised.

    and its config files.

    Just insisting a module loader was started before the securelevel was raised
    would do the job I think.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.019 / U:0.500 seconds]