    SubjectPPP slow between Linux and Solaris - why is it so?
    I have been monitoring this list for quite a while now and I remember a
    discussion of the problem with TCP over PPP being slow between Linux and
    Solaris.

    I remember someone mentioned that Solaris was retransmitting packets too
    quickly or something causing >50% of bandwidth to be used up by duplicate
    packets. I got the impression that Solaris was to blame. Is this
    correct? In any case, I do not remember anyone ever mentioning a fix /
    trick / work around to get the throughput back up to what it should be.

    This subject appears from time to time on comp.os.linux.networking, but I
    am still in the dark, and out of pocket with my ISP :-(

    Could someone please enlighten me?

    - Dave

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.017 / U:2.224 seconds]