SubjectRe: Compiling kernel without gcc

>> > We were looking at putting together a FSF-free Linux distribution.
>>
>> Why do this? (Other than seeing if it can be done).
>>
>> What's the "problem" with gnu software?

> Some people like mustard on their burgers, some dont :). I think there is
> room in the Linux 'market' for this kind of free software product. The market
> is growing quite rapidly and some people dont want to be dependent on the
> FSF, just like many people refuse to have Microsoft on there hard drives.

But one of the major benefits of free software is that there is no
dependency on a single source. If you don't like what the FSF is doing
with the code, you can make your own distribution of, say, gcc. Witness
the Pentium Compiler Group.

Jason

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.021 / U:0.156 seconds]