    SubjectRe: SVGA kernel chipset drivers.

    HS> You may want to reconsider your standpoint. Not all Linux machines
    HS> out there are X machines.

    No, but a lot of them are. I, for one, would be very upset if any
    game I had assumed that I didn't use X and refused to work with it. I
    have the memory for X, I want the capabilities that X allows, and I do
    _not_ want to get locked in by any app which foolishly assumes that X
    is evil.

    You could simply have your game work with X and SVGAlib. That would
    let your game work now, rather than arguing that we need some all
    encompassing driver standard. Maelstrom, Abuse, Executor have all
    done it, and they work.

    In that way, you don't have to include a full-fledged X distribution.
    If they have X and want to use it, they could. If they don't like it,
    they don't have to use it.

    If you really want an API in the kernel, work on defining one. Once
    you have one which will satisfy all cards, we can start this argument

    Alan Shutko <> - The Few, the Proud, the Remaining.
    IBM: I've Been Mauled

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.019 / U:44.484 seconds]