SubjectRe: 1.3.100: My notes, as usual
Date
In article <199605122039.WAA26428@wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at>,
Herbert Rosmanith <herp@wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at> wrote:

>> Minor thing: Is it necessary to include math_emu.h in
>> asm-i386/processor.h unconditionally. Isn't math emulation
>> configurable, or is that file used outside the emulator? Sounds a bit
>> broken, too.
>
>I wonder if a kernel, that has math-emu configured, makes use of the
>emulation, when it detects the co-prozessor at bootup time. Maybe it
>throws out the emulation then ? I think, the math-emu code could
>probably be built as a module (yet I have no idea how to rewrite it :)

No on both counts. The Linux kernel currently has no facility for
throwing out compiled code (it would require at least as and ld
hacks.) Nor could it be built as a module, since there is no way to
get to the point where it could be inserted.

-hpa

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.107 / U:0.056 seconds]