SubjectRe: Network performance

Well, I can speak on this topic (Being a current employee of HP's
Convex Division :)

Hewlett Packard acquired Convex this past December, We're still
around, now making Scalable Parallel machines instead of vector-based
ones, and we're not dead yet :)

I can't say what's coming up due to various NDA's and company
policies. (I could probably mention a few things, but I'm not sure
what...) But if you're curious, find some benchmarks on the recently
released HP PA8000-based machines and draw your own conclusions :)

(Not speaking for HP-Convex)
Larry Daffner | Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC! |
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of mag tapes
-- Dennis Ritchie