SubjectRe: Network performance
On Thu, 27 Jun 1996, Alan Cox wrote:

> > NetBSD SMP stuff. He he used to work for Convex (later HP supercomputer
> > division) and has just been hired to work for Tandon.
>
> I always wondered what happened to Convex ;)

They have been bought by HP. They also tried to "buy" the people,
but at least Stefan didn't seem to be too happy with it.

Stefan is one of the brightest programmers I've ever seen. Unfortunately
I havn't been able to "convert" him, but he is always willing to discuss
design issues or problems if he as time, as long as you do not ouch
certain issues like the Linux method of enabling and disabling
interrupts. :-)

Mike

Michael Neuffer i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
mike@i-Connect.Net 13455 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140
503.677.2900 Beaverton, OR 97008

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.106 / U:0.068 seconds]