SubjectRe: Ideas for v2.1
Date
> I'm not sure what you mean by "hard to tell who owns which service".
> Every time you send a datagram, it goes through the networking code in
> the kernel, which knows your UID, your GID, and your groups list. It

But rsh,rcp,rlogin are setuid, who owns an NFS request, and how do you
decide who to charge for an ack frame. A seperate list might cope
with this, but then how do you maintain it.

> also knows the destination address and port. It is rather simple to
> insert code which matches the address and port against a set of ACLs,
> and then looks for the user in the ACL if it finds one.

We don't have time to scan a list for each packet easily. Not unless you
say "ok low speed only"

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.050 / U:0.888 seconds]