SubjectRe: your mail

[...]
> Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de> wrote:
> > > think if a shared library is busy, any attempt to modify it should return
> > > ETXTBSY, right?
>
> To write it, yes. To unlink it, no - as with application binaries.

That is not true, it should be like this, but it is not.
While upgrading I accidently remove some include files in /usr/include.
When a read the tarfile new onto the filesystem (including the actual running
libc.so) the lib gets overwritten. The tar program hung.
On an other window I have to use ldconfig to install an older lib
so that it was possible to reload the lib from the tar file.
I was searching for the error in kernel source, it seems that
the flag VM_DENYWRITE is not set while loading a shared elf lib.

you also can try a
cat >> /lib/libc.so.5.3.12
it works.

[...]
> olaf
> --
> ___ Olaf.Titz@inka.de or @{stud,informatik}.uni-karlsruhe.de ____
> __ o <URL:http://www.inka.de/~bigred/> <IRC:praetorius>
> __/<_ >> Just as long as the wheels keep on turning round
> _)>(_)______________ I will live for the groove 'til the sun goes down << ____

calle
--
calle@calle.in-berlin.de

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.033 / U:0.580 seconds]