SubjectRe: GLOAT BLOAT (Was: Boot messages, Ideas for v2.1)
>   and blow the clouds away.  How about also allowing the animation be the
> initial 5 minutes (or so) of the screen blackout. If the animation was
> really good, the penguin could use all sorts of ACME (Wyle Coyote) like
> things to keep those pesky clouds (roadrunner) away. Hmm. This could be
> a real VRML thing... GLOAT BLOAT! That would be a far better "screen
> saver" than most of the garbage I've seen under other environments.

I like this idea 100% - especially since it could be done in a user
space program (couldn't it?), where such things belong. In that case,
then this would no longer be a kernel issue (was it ever?).

Andrew E. Mileski My home page
Linux Plug-and-Play Project Leader. See URL

Red Hat Software sponsors these pages - I have no other affilitation
with Red Hat Software, and I have never used any of their products.