    SubjectRe: DMA past and present
    On Mon, 17 Jun 1996, Aaron Ucko wrote:

    > >other than PAS16). Finally some (VLB) motherboards are not able to do DMA
    > >reliably at all (I had this kind of MB couple of years ago).
    >
    > Aha! That must be why my sound card sometimes has problems (particularly
    > under MSDOG; I've never seen the problems with USS Lite, but OTOH I don't
    Interestingly enough DMA hardware problems don't necessarily show up with
    MSDOG or Windogs but they are very disturbing with Linux. Linux makes it
    possible to have several things running simultaneously which rarely
    happens with DOS/Win. However if there are random resets or complete
    lockups under DOS, there is propably something wrong on your hardware.

    Best regards,

    Hannu
    Hannu Savolainen (hannu@voxware.pp.fi, hannu@4front-tech.com)
    http://personal.eunet.fi/pp/voxware/hannu.html (my home page)
    http://www.4Front-Tech.com/uss.html (UNIX Sound System (USS))
    http://personal.eunet.fi/pp/voxware (USS Lite/TASD/VoxWare)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.022 / U:1.232 seconds]