SubjectRe: suggestion for change to proc filesystem
On 15 Jun 96 at 17:49, Michael J. Greger wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't think I've seen this suggestion before...
>
> How about adding a version number as the first entry in every 'file' in the
> /proc filesystem. Every time that the format of one of the files
> is changed, the version will get incremented.

What I would like to suggest, is that the libproc which comes with
the procps package, should become part of the kernel distribution,
since it is linked so closely to the intimate details of procps. Any
time that anyonce alters the format of any of the proc files, it
would be their responsibility to update the libproc too.

Graham
The world isnt run by weapons any more, or energy or money
Its run by little 1s and 0s, little bits of data
Its all just electrons

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.160 / U:0.196 seconds]