    SubjectRe: 2.2.0 wishlist
    Gokhan UNEL wrote :
    > It would be great if we have Linux as a
    > REAL TIME operating system. Then, we would
    > prefer to have Linux instead of LynxOs in our
    > Data AcQusition system.

    For a own project I wrote a shadow of this in the kernel of Linux
    1.1.19. Modify schedule() to support basic REAL TIME isn't very hard.
    BUT a clean real time system must support data and process recovering if
    the system crash.

    1) All Linux must be realtime ?

    If yes, who specified range time for deamons, fork calls, or user
    apps ?

    2) Only some process must be realtime.

    I think it's better.
    But in this case there are some problemes with XWindow, for instance
    when you move the mouse, the cursor must not do 'bounds' because a
    realtime process has CPU during your moving.
    So, XWindow real time ? cf remarks from 1) !!!

    --
    Stephane Corbe scorbe@miya.cs.it-chiba.ac.jp
    http://solar.miya.cs.it-chiba.ac.jp:5000/

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:4.319 / U:0.960 seconds]