SubjectRe: Tux The Penguin Is Gonna Get Medieval On Yo' Ass =)

> ud$$be.
> .$$$$$$$??Tb
> .$$$$$$$$!:!S$
> J$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
> $B**?$$$"^"!$$$
> $ . `$$ . ^$$$F
> 4 $: @U $Nr $$$F
> 4k'!!!!!!T.x$$$F
> 4!!!!!!!!!!!$$$$
> 4P!!!!X!!!!"$>"$r
> :F `!!!!~ 4$ud$
> :R" t$$$B
> [snip!]
>
> Now lests all put this in our sig files and post to the FreeBSD lists
> alot =)

I wouldn't normally leap into something such as this, but am I the
only one who finds all this penguin stuff rather rediculous, even
bordering on immature?

I must admit to not having had time to read this list as thoroughly
as maybe I would have liked over the last week or so, but I did find
it distressing that "TUX" was so fanatically accepted ... am I (surely
not!) the only one to spell Linus' surname with an 'a' and not an 'o'?
Am I the only one who finds the possessive distressing? Yes, Linus did
start the ball rolling and I'd be the first to be amazed at all he has
done over the years to make linux what it is today ... but is it HIS? I
would like to think not, and thus find "Torvolds UniX" <sic> rather
inappropriate.

Finally, I wonder at the attitude of "lets spam freeBSD" - should the
linux community treat them more as a sibling than an enemy? I know this
comes up time and time again, but maybe if it's mentioned time and time
again then one day people will get the message ...

But, hey, maybe I just had too much caffeine?

(I would be interested in anyones opinions to what I've said here so feel
free to mail me personally or Cc to me if you want to be sure that your
reply gets read)

dave baker

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.030 / U:0.148 seconds]