SubjectRe: 2.0, loggings, cpu quotas, 2.1 issues, etc.
Date
> Hmmmm. I don't know _THAT_ many big numbercrunchers, that are running LINUX right now...
> (But I'd like to see that! ;-) )

There are people using Linux boxes, and Linux clusters for large scale jobs.
Various big batch cluster schedulers are available too.

> Usually you still may do accounting. Well, I know it has some drawbacks, but for
> most cases, you can create bills for your users, in dependancy to how much they
> used your machine... - Isn't that what you want ?

Yes. Well quite often its how departments split the bill for the 8 alphas
or whatever they bought together

> Since LINUX is still run mostly on single-User-machines (Workstations ?! :-) ),
> you won't need such a kernel-feature. And since it would decrease performace, I would make
> at best a "configurable option" for the kernel.

Its a configurable item for sure as is all accounting/auditing

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.345 / U:0.124 seconds]