SubjectRe: strange networking problems in 2.0

"Simon Karpen" <> writes:
>I am having some strange networking problems with Linux 2.0.
>This is on a new install of RedHat 3.0.3 with all recommended updates.
>The machine is an ACER pentium 120, 16 megs ram, 1.2 gig ide drive,
>idecd, and tulip-based ethernet board (using tulip driver).
>(the net-board is actually an asante Asante-nic PCI board).
>Here's what happens:
>boot up Linux machine
>try to telnet in from SGI: no response from linux machine
>telnet from linux machine to SGI: works fine
>telnet from SGI to linux machine: works fine

What does a tcpdump on the linux machine show during the first
attept to telnet in from the SGI machine?
What does a tcpdump on the SGI machine show?

If this is a tcpip bug I'll need to see at least these two dumps to
make any guesses as to what is going wrong.

-- eric

Eric Schenk www:
Department of Computer Science email:
University of Toronto