    SubjectRe: strange networking problems in 2.0

    "Simon Karpen" <skarpen@storm.shodor.org> writes:
    >I am having some strange networking problems with Linux 2.0.
    >This is on a new install of RedHat 3.0.3 with all recommended updates.
    >The machine is an ACER pentium 120, 16 megs ram, 1.2 gig ide drive,
    >idecd, and tulip-based ethernet board (using tulip driver).
    >(the net-board is actually an asante Asante-nic PCI board).
    >Here's what happens:
    >boot up Linux machine
    >try to telnet in from SGI: no response from linux machine
    >telnet from linux machine to SGI: works fine
    >telnet from SGI to linux machine: works fine

    What does a tcpdump on the linux machine show during the first
    attept to telnet in from the SGI machine?
    What does a tcpdump on the SGI machine show?

    If this is a tcpip bug I'll need to see at least these two dumps to
    make any guesses as to what is going wrong.

    -- eric

    Eric Schenk www: http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~schenk
    Department of Computer Science email: schenk@cs.toronto.edu
    University of Toronto

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.017 / U:92.284 seconds]