SubjectRe: Linux logo

> > > Sounds like a _much_ better idea to me!
> >
> > Indeed. It is to be noted that the BSD people already have a 'BSD daemon
> > smashing window" logo... Perhaps someone endowed with drawing skills
> > could prepare a "Daemon+Penguin joint attack" ?
>
> This would be nice. Perhaps one of them could be riding a GNU?

A hoarde of GNU-riding penguins and daemons beseiging Microsoft Keep
perhaps?

> Anyone who is running linux or BSD would probably have made a concious
> choice between them, and we mainly want people to move away from the
> Micro$oft stable, then particularly to Linux.

I still say that while all these ideas are good, we should first start
by pushing the penguin as a logo for Linux.

As of right now, the penguin is only associated with Linux by the
readers of this list. If we seriously want to use the penguin as a
logo, then we should start by publicizing that association. Penguins
on the warpath against Microsoft makes sense only if you know that the
penguins represent Linux, and not Soft-ICE or even Bud Ice (both of
which reputedly ise penguins heavily as a symbol)

Perhaps a pitch could be made to have the Linux Journal feature a
Penguin waving a Linux 2.0 banner on the cover of the first issue after
the official release? A penguin on the www.linux.org homepage? An
interesting "birds of a feather" gathering at Usenix (tuxedo and tails,
maybe? Maybe not)?

--
Buddha Buck bmbuck@acsu.buffalo.edu
"She was infatuated with their male prostitutes, whose members were

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.124 / U:0.176 seconds]