    SubjectRe: Linux logo
    On Sat, 4 May 1996, Tyson D Sawyer wrote:

    > > hmm. i don't think FreeBSD is the "adversary" here, but Windows 95
    > > certainly is. how about a penguin smashing in a window or something?
    >
    > Sounds like a _much_ better idea to me!

    i always thought we were trying to fight high-priced Unixes, not
    completely different operating systems. a lot of us are stuck with Win95
    as the only way to get certain things done (word processing et al.) and
    win95/MSWord is certainly cheaper than any Unix + Framemaker or whatever
    else. (okay, maybe the win95 platform isn't as stable, but i'll take a
    little instability to save a lot of money :)

    let's have a david & goliath thing. linus can be standing with his
    slingshot over an AT&T (or Novell, or OSF, or whoever) with a big knot on
    his forehead. (personally, though, i say keep the KO'd BSDaemon. i hate
    the dumb look always on that thing's face :)

    shag

    Judd Bourgeois | When we are planning for posterity,
    shagboy@thecia.net | we ought to remember that virtue is
    Finger for PGP key | not hereditary. Thomas Paine

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.017 / U:93.040 seconds]