    SubjectRe: MM bug
    On Thu, 30 May 1996, David Schwartz aka Joel Katz wrote:

    > Err, it's neither. If you want process resource limits, set them.
    > Lshell does this very nicely automatically upon login.

    That's OK if it works. But I set the datasize limit in tcsh to 16M and it
    hangs again. I checked from within the program itself that its RLIMIT_DATA
    is set to 16M.
    Then I looked at the kernel code (binfmt_aout.c and
    binfmt_elf.c) and noticed that in the binfmt_aout.c there is a check for
    data and bss segments size upon loading but there is no in binfmt_elf.c.
    My system is ELF-based. gcc, kernel and almost everything else is ELF.
    I have no aout libraries. Otherwise, I would check if RLIMIT_DATA does
    work for aout.
    So, the question is how to limit data+bss size for elf binaries.

    Alexey

    > JK

    > > > Yes, my system crashes too.
    > > >
    > > > Is this a kernel or a grep problem?

    Alexey Yakovlev, Quantum Chemistry lab.
    Boreskov Institute of Catalysis, Russian Academy of Sciences
    pr. Lavrentieva 5, 630090 Novosibirsk, Russia
    phone: +7-(3832)-350264, fax: +7-(3832)-355766
    e-mail: jack@catalysis.nsk.su

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.039 / U:1.608 seconds]