    SubjectRe: SVGA kernel chipset drivers.
    Date
    > I was wondering if there are any plans incorporate any of the major video
    > card chipsets into low level kernel driver support. SVGALIB at current
    > has a very limited number of chipsets that it supports not to mention I
    > would think a low level kernel driver would get better performence out of

    Unlikely. The difference between a library driver running with video ram
    mmap()'d (ie direct access) and io port access and a kernel driver is probably
    that the kernel driver is slower due to syscall overhead.

    > the video hardware. I for one would like to be able to use the features
    > of my Matrox MGA Millenium in linux :)
    Then you will have to get Matrox to release specifications for the card.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.017 / U:59.208 seconds]