SubjectRe: SVGA kernel chipset drivers.
Date
> I was wondering if there are any plans incorporate any of the major video
> card chipsets into low level kernel driver support. SVGALIB at current
> has a very limited number of chipsets that it supports not to mention I
> would think a low level kernel driver would get better performence out of

Unlikely. The difference between a library driver running with video ram
mmap()'d (ie direct access) and io port access and a kernel driver is probably
that the kernel driver is slower due to syscall overhead.

> the video hardware. I for one would like to be able to use the features
> of my Matrox MGA Millenium in linux :)
Then you will have to get Matrox to release specifications for the card.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.047 / U:1.204 seconds]