SubjectRe: Macintosh kernel out
> So where does QNX fit into this scheme?  It's certainly not a
> monolithic kernel (ie: It has a 10kbyte microkernel). And for what
> it's worth, I looked at their web page:

1. QNX is one of the two well known microkernels that is a real high
performance microkernel (the other is Amiga EXEC).

2. You made the bad move of believing a vendors own benchmark page. I
think you will find the benchmark given is the best possible cases for
QNX (no swapping, no paging, no memory protection). Its not actually that
misleading for what QNX is intended to do, but it is for general purpose OS