    SubjectRe: CONFIG_RANDOM option for 1.99.2 [OFFTOPIC]
    > From: Albert Cahalan <albert@ccs.neu.edu>
    > Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 21:05:17 -0400 (EDT)
    >
    > >> [ OFFTOPIC ]

    > >> General Relativity Theory builds gravity from a mathematical model
    > >> that has light-speed as the limit for information-flow. Though it's
    > >> hardish to prove it (unless you can build galaxy-sized accelerators),
    > >> it's quite logical and there is no reason (and no experiment) which
    > >> indicates that it would be wrong.
    > >>
    > >> translated into plain English: light-speed is a hard limit :(
    >
    > Maybe. According to _Physics_Classical_and_Modern_ (1993),
    > the Aharonov-Bohm effect suggests that action at a distance is
    > possible. (this is quantum mechanics) Oddly, this does _not_
    > violate the limit of signals not going faster than light.
    >
    > Perhaps someone can explain? (in under 1000 pages!)

    Explain ? --- You can not explain the result of physical experiments.
    You can describe the results using mathematical methods
    to build a model like QED (quantum electro dynamics).
    And you should remember: the model is only a model
    of the reality seen by the measure machines and/or your eyes.

    > BTW, I think linux-kernel has enough nerds to make this close enough
    > to being on topic. It's more on topic than MIME, more interesting
    > than flock() warnings, and it's _not_ a penguin-based Gnu...

    Werner

    --
    Dr. Werner Fink -- S.u.S.E. GmbH, Gebhardtstr. 2, 90762 Fuerth, Germany
    mail:werner@suse.de http://www.suse.de/~werner/ fax:+49-911-7409821

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.021 / U:2.488 seconds]