    SubjectRe: pre2.0.4 networking freezes
    Date
    > >  It only appears to affect TCP connections, and may well be
    > > sequence number related.... locked sessions DO NOT recover, ever,
    > > but new sessions may be started at any time, and if crippled so
    > > as to limit bandwidth, they will not lock.
    > >

    > Same thing has happened to me when I connect with smbclient to
    > our NT-server(3.51 USSP 4) , when transferring stuff from at full speed
    > linux goes completely stuck in 30 seconds or so.
    >
    > but ftp works well between machines.

    Well... now we have encountered it between a dialup windows box,
    and an NT server (ftp upload). The only thing in common between
    all these hang-ups we've seen is a Livingston Portmaster running
    ComOS 3.3.1. Hard to believe *it* could be the
    problem... perhaps it's just broken TCP/IP code in common use on
    more than one kind of machine....

    -smj

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.021 / U:30.696 seconds]