SubjectRe: LyX: A great word processor/Was Re: Linux logo
>>> Actually, I think far too many people are overlooking LyX.
>>> LyX is an excellent word processor/text formatter. It is
>>> implemented as a front end to LaTeX so you get absolutely
>>> beautiful typeset documents from your word processor. It
>>> all looks much nicer than the output from M$ Word....
>>
>> Doesn't it have some sort of odd, binary-only license? Or
>> am I confusing it with a different effort? What's the license
>> on it like...?
>
> LYX seemed quite buggy to me ( I propably had an old version )
> and much more difficult than \LaTeX it self

one of the libraries it uses is XForms, which has a library-only
license (not sure if it's GLPL). lyx itself is GPL, i believe.

it is about to be released with a "1.0" version number. it is
being very actively developed; the mailing list is quite busy.

though it's not quite as busy as the linux kernel list :-)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.086 / U:0.356 seconds]