    SubjectRe: Minor bug in PPP driver
    Eric Schenk said:
    > I've found a minor bug in the ppp driver. The value of tx_queue_len was
    > set to 0. The problem is that the current networking code
    > will just drop a packet on the floor if there is no "room" in the
    > device queue when it tries to put it into the queue. Since the queue
    > is just a linked list I didn't see any problems with making the value
    > of tx_queue_len non-zero. [This is the case in pretty much all the
    > other networking drivers.] In any case this improves the full bore
    > TCP speed across my PPP link by about 10%.

    Which version of ppp is this? I don't even see a tx_queue_len in ppp-2.2.0f

    Scott Barker
    Linux Consultant (under construction)

    [ I try to reply to all e-mail within 5 days. If you don't ]
    [ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail ]
    [ (we have a sometimes sporadic connection to the internet) ]

    "If you're going to do something tonight that you'll be sorry for tomorrow
    morning, sleep late."
    - Henny Youngman

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.018 / U:3.796 seconds]