    SubjectRe: Possible /etc/kernel.conf?
    | Whereas I do compile many different kernels as I maintain a linux network
    | of 8 machines + server. What I would like is for make config to recognize
    | an old .config file and tell me about any new options, and hide all the
    | questions about previously existing options. Then I could simply have a
    | .config file for each significantly different computer, and answer a *much*
    | reduced 'make quickconfig' to recompile the kernels. That way I know I can't
    | make a slip whilst answering make config and miss out some important driver
    | from the kernel for one computer and/or put an extra driver into the kernel
    | for another.

    This functionality is already there! Simply copy your previous .config
    file and do a "make oldconfig". You will only be prompted to answer
    new configuration items.

    --
    Dick Streefland //// Tasking Software BV
    dicks@tasking.nl (@ @) The Netherlands

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.018 / U:30.724 seconds]