    SubjectRe: tcp/ip filtering
    On Fri, 17 May 1996, RAMPOD SW Development wrote:

    > > a good idea to allow the parents and teachers to decide the type of
    > > information that is made available.. (otherwise the parents might get the

    > Ever read _A Brave New World_ ?

    Yes, and I think the author had a very good idea ;)
    There is not really any reason to fear the encroachment of a Big Brother
    or total enslavement of the population by the government caused by a
    packet filterer... Like I said, if someone had wanted to do that they
    would have written their own super packet filterer already .. I am just
    trying to get internet access approved for my high school and was hoping
    some people on the linux mailing list could help me out..

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.017 / U:41.008 seconds]