SubjectRe: Problems raising fd limits in 1.3.78-1.3.80
Date
	A lot of this stuff can (and [IMHO] I think) should be configurable
via /proc/sys/* as some variable already are. The libc weenies could
have their programs look at the file in /proc to find out the
limits.

- Jared

Roman Gollent spewed:

> Stephen Tweedie wrote:
> > Yup. I wonder if it's worth upping the limit in libc (as exported by
> > linux/fs.h) to 1024 anyway? It only really affects the size of the
> > fd_set, so it doesn't cost much. It ought to be pretty easy to make
> > the kernel's maximum fd number configurable, with processes inheriting
> > the current default value on fork() (we probably don't want to change
> > the fd table size dynamically on existing processes).
>
> This brings up another point. How much of a rewrite is required to be
> able to dynamically reconfigure certain kernel variables without
> recompilation?
>
> I'm thinking of an /etc/sysconfigtab (Digital Unix) equivalent where
> one can edit the parameters, reboot the system and have them take
> effect.
>
> Roman

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.065 / U:1.544 seconds]