    SubjectRe: striped swapping?
    Amazingly enough David Fries said:

    > On 27 Apr 1996 ulmo@q.net wrote:
    >
    > > See <Pine.LNX.3.91.960418083702.13469E-100000@linux.cs.Helsinki.FI>
    > > posted in this forum by Linus.
    >
    > How do I access a message in the above form? The numbers and such don't
    > mean much to me. Also I have access to newsgroups, no "forum"'s.

    That is the Message-Id: field for a post Linus sent out about
    that. Every software package that generates a message should try
    to generate a unique Message-Id for that message. This applies
    to both email and newsgroups. Using that id, one should be able
    to find that message exactly (or perhaps any messages that follow
    it up, and would include that message id in the References:
    field).

    Now, if you're a site that happens to have linux.dev.kernel as a
    newsgroup, I assume many newsreaders will allow you to search for
    a specific message-id (I know trn can, but it's the only reader I
    ever use).

    If you read linux-kernel only via email, you can check out
    http://homer.ncm.com and look there. I don't think it offers
    searches by message-id, however. But since he mentioned that
    Linus himself already commented on it, you order the list by
    names, and scan messages he posted.

    mrc
    --
    Mike Castle .-=NEXUS=-. Life is like a clock: You can work constantly
    mcastle@cs.umr.edu and be right all the time, or not work at all

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.028 / U:0.080 seconds]