    SubjectRe: writing a parallel port driver to support external hardware
    Date
    > This brings to mind a question I posed a while back that no one seemed to
    > want to deal with. Why are there no drivers for the parallel port tape
    > drives? These are some of the least expensive drives around. Is anyone
    > working on anything like that? Or is the parallel port so (un)standard
    > that you can't match hardware for a stable driver?

    Umm its of the

    Q: Dear vendor how do I write a driver for your parallel port tape drive
    A: Go away

    Floppy tape drives are fast, handy and work well so I dont think anyone worried.
    There are some good parallel driver examples for lcd displays, led panels,
    the connetix quickcam (libqcam) etc.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.035 / U:0.056 seconds]