SubjectRe: Amazing what a little RTFM can do :>
On Fri, 19 Apr 1996, Shinanyaku wrote:

> > the drive as the master. Also, FYI rember that the master has to be the
> > first drive on the ribbon (closest to the "controler"), so if/when you
> > add annother disk, or if you move the CD, make sure that the master is the
> > first the computer sees when it looks down the wire.
>
> Uhh? You mean the drives settings (master/slave) is ALSO dependant on
> its RIBBON location??? I thought floppy drives were the only ones that
> actually did that (and for them because of the little twist in the
> cable that you can see). But you say that IDE is the same way?? Huh! I

Some drives can select master/slave like this. You jumper them as "CS"
(Cable Select), and off you go. Other than that, it makes no difference
where on the cable your drive is, except that if you only have one it's
best to put it at the end.

--
.signature: Permission denied

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.113 / U:0.124 seconds]