SubjectRe: 1.3.89.90 version number?
Linus, you work harder than anybody else I know.

Your efforts make a lot of things possible for us
that would not be easy to accomplish without Linux,
or the community that built around it.

I see this mistake as something that (a) doesn't
matter and (b) anybody running a zero-day kernel
should know how to fix it, myself included. (In this
case, I really thought I had unpacked my source to the
wrong path or something, then got confused and put
my foot in my mouth, and broadcast. Shame on me :-)

I know how it feels to make a simple mistake and get
dozens or hundreds of criticisms from clients, but it
is generally for a "job". The fact that Linux is/has
always been a labour of love for you, as opposed to a
"job" should place you beyond criticism for anything
that you do with Linux. There are few people in the
world that would continue on a project at the level
you have shown, and there are just as few who can
produce the quality that you do.

Don't sweat it!

-fb-

--
g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l-l-y---[ email:<fishbowl@conservatory.com> ]---l-i-v-i-n-g
d-e-a-d-i-c-a-t-e-d---[ http://www.conservatory.com/~fishbowl ]-----l-i-g-h-t

torvalds} > Is the version in the 1.3.90 Makefile 1.3.89, or did I screw up this time
torvalds} > and should try again?
torvalds}
torvalds} Waahh! I admit it, I forgot to update the Makefile. You can all stop
torvalds} mailbombing me now (I think I had 50 mails in the last few hours that
torvalds} pointed this out to me).
torvalds}
torvalds} I will never again forget to update the Makefile.
torvalds} I will never again forget to update the Makefile.
torvalds} I will never again forget to update the Makefile.
torvalds} I will never again forget to update the Makefile.
torvalds} I will never again forget to update the Makefile.
torvalds} I will never again forget to update the Makefile.
torvalds} I will never again forget to update the Makefile.
torvalds} I will never again forget to update the Makefile.
torvalds} I will never again forget to update the Makefile.
torvalds} I will never again forget to update the Makefile.
torvalds} I will never again forget to update the Makefile.
torvalds}
torvalds} There,
torvalds}
torvalds} Linus
torvalds}

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.054 / U:0.964 seconds]