Subject.. and oh, btw ..

.. if somebody decides that now is a good idea to run crashme on linux
(with the code freeze of 1.3.88), I have a small patch for you first
(thanks to Denby Wong for sending my a bug-report). It's harmless for
normal operation, but if you're running crashme it will trigger. It's
usually pretty harmlessly even then, but it looks ugly.

In mm/memory.c, function verify_area(), there is a test that looks like

if (expand_stack(vma, start))
goto good_area;

but that test is actually reversed, and should be

if (expand_stack(vma, start) == 0)
goto good_area;

(after applying the above patch and compiling the new kernel, it really
_is_ a good idea to run crashme - it's a reasonably useful test even if
it by no means is conclusive).

Another administrative note: I said earlier that I couldn't find the proper
attribution for the "profile.c" program I sent out. The original author of
that program is Jose Manuel Garcia Valdearenas <jmgarcia@babia.dit.upm.es>
(but don't blame him for bugs, the version I sent out had been changed by me)

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.072 / U:0.068 seconds]