SubjectLinux-1.3.88 - Code Freeze

Ok, I'm trying it again. A code freeze of Linux for the upcoming 2.0
release. The previous freeze thawed up a lot, and then we had the ppp
problems that only now seem to have been resolved, so that I can freeze
again...

Anyway, Linux-1.3.88 is now available on ftp.funet.fi and
ftp.cs.helsinki.fi, and other mirrors will pick them up within hours
(admittedly not sunsite, but others have been discussed on this list).

1.3.88 fixes a few silly problems with 87 (the missing ACK thing and the
send side timer problems), and I have a few responses saying it's finally
ok. I hope it's ok for everybody now..

This kernel also has a few more spelling fixes, and a iso9660 filesystem
bugfix.

The code-freeze means that I once more enter "bug-fixes only" mode, and
don't even try to send me new features (I'd hate to fall for them ;-).
There are obviously things we could do better (write-side NFS caching
etc), but believe it or not, there is life after 2.0 too..

Ok, send me reports, and hopefully we have the worst network problems
behind us now..

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.170 / U:0.768 seconds]