SubjectAiee, killing interrupt handler in 1.3.86

I am getting "Aiee, killing interrupt handler" messages
(and a hanging computer)
after trying to use a HP ScanJet IIc with hpscanpbm under 1.3.86.
hpscanpbm triggers SCSI errors due to timeout for other linux versions
too (e.g. 1.3.85), but there is no interrupt handler killed and the
machine returns correctly under 1.3.85.
I remember having heard about problems with hpscanpbm and a HP ScanJet
with an Adaptec (which is different from my controller), so the SCSI
timeouts could be due to a hpscanpbm bug.
The "Aiee, killing interrupt handler" appears in 1.3.86 and seems to
be kernel related thus.

My SCSI adapter is a little card with an NCR 53C400,
I use the generic NCR5380 driver (mem-mapped). I saw there were
changes in NCR5380.c in 1.3.86.
The error occurs wether I compile the driver into the kernel or load
it as a module.

The syslogs are huge, so I put them on an ftp server rather than posting
them here.
They can be obtained via anonymous ftp from
ohfw38.hf.op.dlr.de in /pub/Aiee-1.3.86

Best regards, Wolfgang

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.026 / U:0.532 seconds]