    SubjectRe: infamous TODO list
    jeremiah wrote:
    > just sort of a stupid question here....going back to the 2.0 /1.4 release
    > issue..
    > does anyone know what the major peices added to the next major kernel
    > versions are going to be...
    > hpfs read and write etc...:)
    > hfs built inot the kernel, things like that...i'm just kinda curious what
    > i have to look forward to...

    As author of the HFS module I am pleased to see that somebody has this
    much confidence in my work :-). However, I don't plan to submit HFS to
    Linus for inclusion until it is read-write. That way I deal with all
    of the "is there a read-write version yet?" questions and all the bug
    reports that show up when I make some major change to facilitate
    writing. The alternative is that the "hfs growing pains" bug reports
    end up in c.o.l.d.s or linux-kernel@vger.
    At the rate that things are progressing for me and for Linus, I think
    there is a reasonable chance that HFS will end up in the 2.2 kernel.
    Anyone interested in keeping up with HFS development should take a
    look at my "HFS for Linux Homepage" at
    If you are interested in receiving e-mail notices of new development
    snapshots as they become available, send me e-mail with a subject
    line of "hfs snapshot list".
    Paul H. Hargrove All material not otherwise attributed is the opinion of the author or a

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.020 / U:4.852 seconds]