    SubjectRe: Outstanding pre-production issues and next dev. cycle...
    : The tests were done appropriately as far as I can see, testing the stable
    : versions of both OS's at the same time. A set of current FreeBSD v 1.3.7x
    : would be instructive for all (then both groups now what to look hard at
    : in each others source trees;))

    Agreed. A good amount of competition can be good for both groups, in
    addition to the cross polination of ideas. There are some cool things
    in Linux that the BSD folks could pick up, and vice versa.

    I'd likely get shot for suggesting this, but it would be interesting
    iif long term there would be a way for the kernel driver interface to
    be standardized so that all the Free OSes can use each other's
    drivers. Likely just a pipe dream :-(

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.016 / U:0.228 seconds]