SubjectRe: Dual Monitor
Date
Antoine Reid (fluke@mlink.net) wrote:
: Hi all.
:
: I was just wondering if there was any project in incorporating a
: dualmonitor support in the kernel .. I would be Very interested in that
: feature, and would be ready to test and help debugging it.
:
: I think the most common is a (s)vga and a hercule/mda ... I don't even
: think it would be easy to have to vga adapters, but I might be wrong ..
:
:
: Any comments?
:
:
: thanx for reading
: fluke@Mlink.NET
:
:

Ther were many working dualmon console drivers available during
2 years I am using Linux. Newer kernels kept breaking them, and
different people kept rewriting them.

The current situation is the following:
There is a mda driver available as a module. It allows you to
use hercules/mda card as a character device.
Also, I think there also was a new real dualmon console driver available.
I didn't try that one yet though.

Oleg.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.105 / U:0.156 seconds]