SubjectCan't build ppp since 1.3.78 (I'm trying hard)
Hi,

I'm sorry to beat a dead horse, but I'm having trouble getting
pppd (2.2.0d and e) to build anymore. Since I upgraded to 1.3.78 (and
then had to move to 1.3.79), I get two kinds of errors. The first was
some variable MAX_ADDR_LEN not being defined, so I tracked it down to the
file /usr/include/linux/netdevices.h. I simply (stupidly) added that
include file to the file pppd/sys-linux.c (which is the only file I'm
having trouble with). But then I get a clean build to object code, but at
link time I get a nest of undefined references to the memset functions
that are defined in /usr/include/asm/string.h (__memset_generic and
friends). I again tried adding this file to the includes, but this time
had no success (no difference). I've tried redefining, undefining and
defining all sorts of things in all sorts of places to try and get this
sucker to compile.

I wouldn't post here unless I had given my best shot at solving it myself,
and lost. I've been trying hard, and now I admit, I could use some help.
Thanks anyone for some insight (do I have some munged header files
somewhere?).

BTW: .79 looks absolutely killer. =] I'm quite impressed, overall.

Cheers,

--
# B. James Phillippe # System Administrator, eternity.aa.net #
# System Technician, Zebu Systems, LLC (http://www.zebu.com) #

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.057 / U:0.040 seconds]