SubjectRe: Linux reboot
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, William E. Roadcap wrote:

> I boot my Linux partition using Loadlin from DOS. When I boot directly
> into Linux, reboot works fine (most of the time). However, if I boot into
> DOS first (doing nothing else) and then run Loadlin I experience the same
> results as PL has reported. This indicates that something in memory is
> not as Linux expects it when reboot executes. As I also have had isolated
> instances of reboot hanging when I booted correctly, I suspect that it is
> possible to break this memory connection without the help of DOS.

That reminds me....when I boot from dos via LOADLIN and I was running
QEMM (with it's quick-reboot feature), and then reboot in LINUX it just
freezes (like this guy said). No such problem under DOS with HIMEM or
no memory manager. I suppose this is a problem for the LOADLIN programer(s)
tho...

Christian G. Holtje (aka Doctor What)

---
--- --- --- - - - - --- ----- docwhat@uiuc.edu
+ - + - + + + - + - + - CS major at Illinois
**** *** *** ** ** * * * * * docwhat@students.uiuc.edu
also: http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/docwhat

Q: Why would the government want to get rid of PBS?
A: Fifteen more minutes of Pentagon running time.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.539 / U:0.512 seconds]