    SubjectRe: nfsroot anyone?
    Date
    Hello,

    You (David S. Miller) wrote:
    > But you could put the functionality in a second stage boot loader (such
    > as SILO).
    >
    > I didn't think of this. This would definatly work. However there is
    > a small snag that now all bootloaders have this big shared set of
    > code, agreed it could be made into a nice generic library, but so it
    > would be so much easier to maintain and look after if it sits in the
    > kernel tree.

    That's a good point. Maybe we should just make the BOOTP (and RARP) code
    optional, and let the user decide at kernel configuration time what should
    actually be included.

    gero.

    --
    Fanaticism consists of redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten your
    aim. - Santayana

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.019 / U:29.872 seconds]