SubjectRe: nfsroot anyone?

You (David S. Miller) wrote:
> But you could put the functionality in a second stage boot loader (such
> as SILO).
> I didn't think of this. This would definatly work. However there is
> a small snag that now all bootloaders have this big shared set of
> code, agreed it could be made into a nice generic library, but so it
> would be so much easier to maintain and look after if it sits in the
> kernel tree.

That's a good point. Maybe we should just make the BOOTP (and RARP) code
optional, and let the user decide at kernel configuration time what should
actually be included.

Fanaticism consists of redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten your
aim. - Santayana
Gero Kuhlmann, Hannover 0511/6497525 (Voice)