    SubjectRe: CONFIG_PNP: Please change the name
    Date
    > One of our engineers is busy adding PnP to our ISA WAN board. He thought
    > the system was quite nice. After reading the specs from Intel, I also
    > thought is was a good system. Why do you think its useless? I would
    > be very interested in any pitfalls you are aware of.

    Personal experience is its very clever, very elegant but the number of PnP
    bios bugs we are finding (both ISA and PCI) mean its a positive hazard. The
    I2IT compile engine has its PnP cards set to non PnP because otherwise the
    bios assigns stupid interrupts to things.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:2.580 / U:0.148 seconds]