SubjectRe: Is anyone using EXT FS
Date
>>> 2. keeps from confusing newbies who don't know what the hell the EXTFS
>>> code does. and yes, we do have to worry about non-unix/linux hackers if
>>> we want this OS to be viable outside of the unix community.
>>>
>> Would it not be worse for "newbies" to have to look in several places
>> for the pieces they need, and then get the right versions?
>
> But for something like EXTFS, if one needs it, one isn't a newbie.

If one is a newbie, ext==ext2.

Bad logic:
The standard filesystem is ext version 2.
'make config' asks if I want ext, so I say yes.
Then it asks if that should be version two - yes there also.

Terrible logic:
The standard filesystem is ext version 2.
I should mount my filesystem as type ext.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.040 / U:0.348 seconds]