SubjectRe: Zip Disks.
Date
> Can other devices also be attached?  Is this device available
> standalone, even? I do remember that a parallel port SCSI adapter has
> been a Frequently Requested Feature, but that documentation has been
> slow in coming.

The Iomega PPA3 parallel to SCSI HBA is available as a separate product.
But, it costs almost as much as a ZIP drive, and appears to be hard to
find. Last time I looked there was no mention of it on Iomega's web
page, although ISN lists it in their catalogue.

There is a frequently reposted note in one of the PC newsgroups about
the PPA3.

So, as far as I know, nobody has tested the ppa driver with one. Since the
driver was implemented by reverse engineering the protocol (in the
absence of documentation) it isn't obvious that it would work without
some fiddling.

Grant R. Guenther grant@torque.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:36    [W:0.062 / U:0.144 seconds]